Light, delicate, and healthy, this simple spinach dish can accompany so many things. It goes especially well with fish. It can also be tossed in with pasta.
Yields ~ 1 serving, or 2 small servings
- 1 medium-large handful of baby spinach
- 1-2 cloves garlic, shaved on a mandolin or sliced thin by hand
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2-3 TBS canola oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 TBS EVOO for drizzle (optional)
- Heat the canola oil in a saute pan
- Add the garlic chips to the pan and simmer until golden
- Remove the garlic and reserve for later
- Pour out almost all of the canola oil
- Add in the spinach and juice half the lemon while it’s in the pan. Sprinkle with salt. Flip the pan a few times. You just want to wilt the spinach, not cook it all the way. it only takes a few seconds.
- Remove from the heat, toss the garlic back in, and flip it around again.
- Top with lemon zest, squeeze more lemon juice on top if needed.
- Drizzle with EVOO if desired