Ever wonder how some people just seem to have everything go right for them and they never seem frustrated or overwhelmed? It’s not by accident, or lucky, it’s by design. With a little planning and forming of good habits, you can set yourself up for success with nightly and morning rituals and routines.
“What good have I done today? What good shall I do this day.”
– Benjamin Franklin
Try sitting back and just reflect on the events of the day.
- What was good about it?
- What went wrong?
- Is there anything you would have done differently?
- What worked and what didn’t?
- Can you do anything better than you did today?
- How can you make tomorrow flow better?
You could even write all this down in a journal. Sometimes seeing things written in black and white helps to clarify and bring it all together.
After you’ve done your daily reflection, look ahead to tomorrow and come up with a plan of attack.
- What is on your to-do list?
- On what are you going to improve?
- What good habit are you going to replace a bad habit with?
- Is what you are doing today getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow?
- What is your new plan for how you want to tackle life?
- Make sure you always have enough gas in your car instead of waiting until it’s almost empty.
Reflection on the day and planning for tomorrow can help you stay focused on your goal.
Making these routines into consistent habits will greatly improve your chances of success.
Come up with some ideas of routines you can try that will help you to relax and wind down, and focus on positive outcomes.
- Drink some relaxing tea and meditate.
- Shut off all electronics.
- Soak your feet and read.
- Think about what you are grateful for instead of dwelling on the bad stuff.
- Write out a plan of action for the next day.
- Lay out the clothes you want to wear and gather any items you will need to take with you.
Make whatever you come up with a nightly routine.
What can you do for your morning routine?
If you’re like most people it probably involves coffee. While waiting for your coffee you could get out and walk down the block and back. That would help get your blood flowing, and your body moving, and your brain working to plan out your day. Do some light yoga stretching while you think about how your day is going to go.
Have a healthy breakfast, but not one too big and heavy. You need something that will give you energy, but not weigh you down.
Make sure you get up in plenty of time to get ready. Oversleeping leads to being rushed, being rushed causes stress, stress causes mistakes, and the next thing you know you’re having a bad day before you’ve even begun.
One of the habits of successful people is going to bed and getting up at the same time every day. Some even get up at 4:00 am every day. Even on their days off work. If you think you can’t do it, or won’t do it, remember that your life won’t change for the better if you don’t make changes.
Make the most of your day! Find a routine that will enhance your health and life.
Having a solid plan for your day can do so much for your peace of mind.
Build better habits that create success, and you will be well on your way to creating the New Super You!
Remember, invest in YOURSELF!
Why put off til tomorrow, what you can do today?
Chin up, smile, look yourself in the mirror and say, “It’s going to be a great day!”
Stay positive! You can do it!
~Thanks for reading – LC
One thought on “The Forming of Good Habits”