This is a good-for-you basic sauce that can be tweaked to complement just about any dish you want to make. It can be made in large batches and frozen in small portions to be pulled out as needed for something delicious and healthy in a pinch.
This is a versatile sauce that can be used alone as a cold dip for veggies or used as an ingredient for a vinaigrette or aioli. It could be turned into a pasta sauce and used as a marinade.
Try adding other ingredients and play around with it! Make it yours!
- 2 qts roasted mini sweet peppers
- 1/2 cup red onions, diced
- 2 tsp raw garlic, minced (3-4 cloves)
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp Allepo pepper or chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp turmeric, ground
- 3/8 tsp lemongrass powder
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 TBS kosher salt
- Roast the sweet peppers in a high heat oven til they blister a little. Make enough to end up with 2 qts cooked peppers.
- Run the peppers through a blender
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onions, garlic, and Allepo
- Cook for a few minutes til the onions are soft
- Add in the roasted pepper puree
- Mix it all together well and heat it up
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, mix well, simmer for about 10 minutes
- Pass the mixture through a food mill or fine sieve (it will be silky smooth)
- Enjoy hot or cold!