This carrot pesto is a great way to use carrot peels so they’re not wasted!
Recipe yields about 1 1/3 – 1 1/2 cups.
- 4 cups carrot peels, packed loosely (appx 1-2 carrots)
- 1/3 cup toasted pistachio, walnuts, or other nuts
- 1/3 cup grated romano, parmesan, or other similar cheese
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/3 – 2/3 cups EVOO
- Salt & white pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients except EVOO in a food processor and coarsely chop.
- Slowly pour in EVOO in a thin stream to desired thickness. For example, if you’re using it as a spread for crackers make it a little thicker. If you’re using it for pasta, make it a little thinner.
- Add salt and white pepper to taste.
One thought on “Carrot Pesto”